GM C15TA Armoured Truck
The General Motors C15TA Armoured Truck was an armoured load carrier produced by Canada during the It was developed from the Otter Light Reconnaissance Car.
(Library and Archives Canada Photo, MIKAN No. 3392829)
GM C15TA Armoured Truck CZ428917 'Aristocrat' near Nijmegen, Netherlands, 5 December 1944.
(Library and Archives Canada Photo, MIKAN No. 3262645)
Troopers of a Canadian armoured brigade getting out of a new General Motors Canada C15TA Armoured Truck near Nijmegen, Netherlands, 5 December 1944
GM C15TA and other vehicles camouflaged in a built-up area with the Regina Rifles of the 7th Infantry Brigade, parked alongside badly bombed buildings. Emmerich, Germany, 30 March 1945.
(York Sunbury Historical Society, Fredericton Region Museum Collection Photo)
2nd Armoured Car Regiment cap badge.
(Library and Archives Canada Photo, MIKAN No. 3205115)
Infantrymen of The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry in General Motors C15TA armoured trucks, Krabbendijke, Netherlands, 27 October 1944.
(Joost J. Bakker Photo)
C15TA armoured truck. The C15TA Armoured Truck was developed by General Motors Canada. The vehicle used the chassis of the Chevrolet C15 design. Between 1943 and 1945 a total of 3,961 units were built in Oshawa, Ontario. Armoured hulls were supplied by the Hamilton Bridge Company. The C15TA was used by the British and Canadian units in the Northwest Europe campaign as armoured personnel carrier and ambulance (CT15AA). After the end of the hostilities, many vehicles were left in Europe and were subsequently employed by armies of the liberated European countries. (Wikipedia)